6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?
7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:
What is Glory?
Hebrew: kabhod | Greek: doxa
- Abundance, Wealth, Treasure, and hence Honour
- Honour, Dignity
In 1 Kings 3:13, God told Solomon that He would also give unto him both riches and honor such that no king of his day could be compared to him;
Heb. 2:7 shows man being crowned by God with glory and honor and set as ruler over his handiworks.
- Splendour, brightness, majesty
Joseph told his brothers to go and tell Jacob of all his glory in Egypt in Genesis 45:13;
- The glorious moral attributes, the infinite perfections of God
- Isa. 40:5 – the Glory of the Lord shall be revealed (Jesus)
- Acts 7:2 – God of Glory appeared unto Abraham
- Jesus is the “brightness of the Father’s glory” (Heb. 1:3; John 1:14; 2:11).
Glory is two-fold in your work as a minister:
- Desire that God’s glory be made manifest whenever you minister in music. Let His presence be felt in the lives of all listeners.
- The more God’s glory is made manifest in your ministry, your glory (the value of your music gift) is manifested and you encounter honor.
Understand that to experience this you need to continue to apply wisdom keys such as work, humility, knowledge, faith etc. Check out other lessons from this website.
This month you shall experience:
- Excellence in Character etc.
The Glory of God shall be made manifest in your life.
Visit our Music Institute