At the end of this lesson you should be able to:
- What is outreach?
- How to operate the spirit of excellence
- Why patience is important
Watch Video Lesson
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen.
According to the Cambridge dictionary, Outreach is an effort to bring services or information to people where they live or spend time
It involves extending ourselves, our talents, our resources, to help others.
When an organization engages in outreach, it is reaching out to the community in order to meet needs or to let people know of its existence.
At outreaches, unbelievers are given a glimpse of the love of Christ through believers. Believers take their love for the lost into the community and allow them to see changed hearts in action.
Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done.
And if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday.Isaiah 58:10
At Glow Music, we extend our hand to those in various communities who need help.
Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king thought to set him over the whole realm.
Daniel 6: 3
- Excellence is the quality of being excellent.
What then does excellent mean?
- To be excellent is for someone or something to be extremely good or of very high quality.
God is a God of excellence therefore he requires that we do all things excellently and in order.
Ways by which we can be excellent?
- Having a good company. People that will push you to attain your God given potential to the next level.
- Right application of the word of God in all situations
- Right Practice or Training
- Faith also brings excellence. Relying on the holy spirit for influence aside practice
Enemies of Excellence
- Complacency – giving excuses
- Improper planning
It is the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.
It can also mean the ability to accept trouble and other people’s annoying behavior without complaining or becoming angry.
Patience is having the ability and strength to endure certain unhealthy circumstances with the hope of a better tomorrow or a much better outcome. If you wait you will get there with hard work you will get there
One thing about patience is even in your difficult season you still have to be faithful to the calling as a minister
Why is patience Important?
- Someone with patience inherits promises. It positions us at the right place and time for God’s Blessings (Hebrews 6:12)
- Patience is one of the most important ingredients to running the Christian Race. (Hebrews 12:1-2)
- Patience is the greatest sign of the trying of faith by temptation; it makes us perfect and entire. (James 1:2-4)
- Patience put us in the perfect will of God
How do I exercise patience with a frustrating leader?
1. Pray for him
2. Pray for good temperance for yourself
3. As you Pray you should also be watchful so that you will not be like him