What is a Word?
a single distinct meaningful element of speech or writing, used with others (or sometimes alone) to form a sentence and typically shown with a space on either side when written or printed:
Words have creative power because Words are Commands
God made it so right from the beginning; Without a word nothing moves
Words are used for condemnation and ruling judgements and words are used in making a defense.
Your tongue is constantly creating your future; but what kind of future is it creating?
The creative power of Words are not seen until they are spoken
21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
6 Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?
1 I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.
Every Word is a Spiritual Code which has implications or consequences
The Source of Words
The source of Words are a man’s heart; however we have a heart problem.
Our hearts have been corrupted with sin
So there is no guarantee in dwelling on a Man’s Words because it has no integrity.
Never trust in the Word of a Man; because He has no control over tomorrow.
5 Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.
Man has Many Kinds of Words because of His corrupted heart
1. Fact – a thing that is known or proved to be true
2. Gossip – casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true:
3. Hearsay – a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth:
4. Flatter – lavish praise and compliments on (someone), often insincerely and with the aim of furthering one’s own interests:
5. Coaxing – gently and persistently persuade (someone) to do something:
6. Lie, Fib – a false statement, a lie, typically an unimportant one:
7. Criticise – indicate the faults of (someone or something) in a disapproving way:
8. Exaggeration – a statement that represents something as better or worse than it really is:
9. Complain – express dissatisfaction or annoyance about something:
10. Backbite – talk maliciously about someone who is not present:
11. Slander: making a false spoken statement damaging to a person’s reputation
12. Insult: speak to with disrespect or scornful abuse
13. Nagging – harass (someone) constantly to do something that they are averse to
14. Murmur – express one’s discontent about (someone or something) in a subdued manner:
15. Isinuate – suggest or hint (something bad) in an indirect and unpleasant way:
16. Lampoon – publicly criticize (someone or something) by using ridicule, irony, or sarcasm
Who do you listen to?
Who you give audience to, eventually determines what you say.
One sub-conscious function of your mind is to incubate words and reproduce them.
If you keep listening to discouragement about ministry, you will start discouraging others from ministry. It is not your fault entirely, you are reproducing what you have been listening to.
10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
Some of us have subjected ourselves to wrong ideologies over a longtime. Wether from family, from relationships, from schools attended, from associations, from whatsapp groups, other social media groups, listening to news, even churches
Be careful because your mind is being programmed to reproduce.
The things on the news and on social media is the system of the world, with the sole purpose of programming your mind to be a slave to the devil through fear and cares of the world.
God has only one Word – Truth
Jesus is Truth – John 14:6
If Jesus says you are forgiven, no one can condemn you
Truth must be accepted not argued out because man without the spirit of God cannot understand truth. Only by the spirit of God. Only by revelation.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Another expression of Truth is called Right Word
25 How forcible are right words! but what doth your arguing reprove?
He is the King of Kings
This means that His ruling supersedes all rulings.
If from birth you have been programmed to think that you are a nobody, Jesus says that you are loved, that is why He died on the cross for you
If you hear things on the news and you have a voice telling you that you are the next Covid-19 victim, Jesus says that no – with long life He will satisfy you
Easter is about remembering that God’s Word is infallible; it can never fail
Easter is not about Kwahu but about getting your life back on track by the Word of God
Reading God’s word is not enough – Speak it
So today – I need you to speak God’s word. Start creating your future positively by God’s word