Keys to Build
The Hebrew word bânâh (pronounced baw-naw’)
- To build (lives, destinies, cities, altars, careers, businesses)
- To build up (ministries, families, lives)
- To repair (cities, ministries, nations)
- To obtain (children, families)
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE KEYS TO BUILD
1. God is the Master builder
- Matthew 16:18 – build my church and gates of hell cannot prevail
- Heb 11:10 – a city whose builder and maker is God
2. We are God’s building
- We are God’s building (1 Cor 3:9)
- We are the church, with Jesus as the Head (Col 1:18)
3. We cannot succeed in building outside God’s plans and ways
- Only what is built by God can last (Psalm 127:1)
1 Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
- A ministry cannot be built outside God to last
1 Corinthians 3:10-11
10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
4. Let God build His church through you
2 Timothy 2:20-21
20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work.
Avail yourself and stop opposing God’s will by the flesh.
You can overcome the flesh through prayer, knowledge and self discipline
38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.
Start with repentance (Ez 36:33-36)
5. Build your career or business (income source) first before your home.
27 Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house.
Adam already had a garden (Work – Gen 2:15)
God desires a home for every child
41 Yet setteth he the poor on high from affliction, and maketh him families like a flock.
6 God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land.
6. You cannot build without Godly relationships
18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
7. The Enemy hates when we make a move to build and fights it shamelessly.
Ezra 4:1-7 – Adverseries oppose the building of the temple after God had moved Cyrus to authorise it during 2nd year of Darius’ reign
Continues through reign of Ahasuerus until evidence found during reign of Artaxerxes
Nehemiah 2:10 – Opposition from Sanballat
8. The time to build is now
- Haggai 1:2,8
9. Pray against and resist Building in Bondage for the enemy
- They build cities for pharaoh Pithom and Raamses (Ex 1:11)
10. Pray against Building against God’s Will
- – Men tried to build the tower of Babel (Gen 11:4)
God scatters them in Gen 11:8 because it is against His will
- – Do not build a town by blood or establish a city by iniquity
(Habakkuk 2:12) (Micah 3:10)
- – God is first interested in relationship than buildings (Hosea 8:14)
11. Building Altars
- – Noah Built an Altar (Gen 8:20)
- – Abram builds an altar after God promising canaan (Gen 12:7)
- – Abram builds altar to offer Isaac (Gen 26:25)
- – Jacob builds an altar after meeting God while fleeing (Gen 35:7)
- – Moses builds an altar Jehovahnissi – (Ex 17:15)
12. Covenant with God To Build in Ministry
- – God said He would build His faithful priest a sure house and he would walk before him anointed forever (1 Samuel 2:35)
- – God stops David from building Him a house (2 Samuel 7:5)
- – Solomon builds God’s house in seven years (1 Kgs 6:38)