LOVE (Intense affection for God and the things of God)
Love is the greatest of all the commandments and the there is no other law above the law of love.
And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love
(1 Corinthians 13:13)
Love is principally seen in sacrifice ( Giving up something you love for the sake of other considerations).
(John 3:16, John 5:13 – no greater love … lay down his life…)
Love is Two-fold:
1. Love God:
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Are you willing to sacrifice your life, time and other resources for the kingdom of God or you are making excuses
2. Love your Neighbor
Mark 12:31… Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
John 13:35 … By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
1 John 4:11-12
Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
WISDOM (Sound Judgement)
Wisdom is Seven-fold: Proverbs 9:1
Wherever there is Wisdom, you find direction and productivity. Wastage is avoided. (Ecc 10:10)
WISDOM PILLAR SCRIPTURE
1. The Fear of The Lord: Integrity (Moral uprightness) Proverbs 11:13
2. Order: The accurate arrangement of things (1 Corinthians 14:40 )
3. Prudence: Exercising cautiousness against the future (Proverbs 3:5-6)
4. Humility: Low view of one’s importance (Proverbs 11:2)
5. Vision: Ability to plan into the future (Proverbs 6:6-11)
6. Discretion: making the right choice or decision (Proverbs 2:11-12)
7. Counsel: Good, Formal or Professional advice (Proverbs 24:6)
KNOWLEDGE (Facts, Information, Familiarity or Awareness)
The Spirit of Knowledge, like Wisdom, is one of the Seven Spirits of God. (Is. 11:2)
At Glow Music Ministry knowledge must be acquired concerning 3 major things.
1. Knowledge of God
2. Knowledge of Ministry
3. Knowledge of Music
There are so many initiatives in ministry, yet there are many more failures than successes according to statistics. This makes it evident that something critical is missing. Today we study about the importance of faith in succeeding as a music minister.
WHAT IS FAITH?
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Faith is the bedrock upon which the Works of God are wrought.
WHY IS FAITH SO IMPORTANT IN THE LIFE OF A MINISTER? (Hebrews 11:6)
1. Without it, you cannot overcome the world. (1 John 5:4)
2. Without is you cannot inherit promises (Hebrews 6:12)
3. Prayer is not productive without faith (James 1:6 – ask in faith without wavering…)
THINGS WE MUST KNOW ABOUT FAITH
– Faith is an unseen (spiritual) but real force (like gravity); you do not see it, but you experience its effect.
– It is also a walk, not just a talk (2 Corinthians 5:7).
– Faith is the language of the Spirit. (2 Corinthians 4:13 – believe and speak)
– Faith must be in God’s Word and not in self, human ability or anything else. (Num 23:19 – God is not
a man to lie)
– Faith is in levels and it can increase or decrease (Luke 17:5 – increase our faith)
– Faith is increased by God’s Word (Romans 10:17)
– Faith is seen in constant confession; Faith Talks (Joel 3:10 – Let the weak say…)
NOTE SOME EXAMPLES OF THE APPLICATION OF FAITH:
– Divine health – Matthew 8:5-10, Matthew 9:22, Matthew 9:29
– Authority over Nature – Mark 11:21,22,
– Forgiveness of sins – Luke 5:17-20
– Forgiving your neighbor – Luke 17:3-7
– Divine Intervention – Luke 18:1-8
– Deliverance – Luke 18:41,42
– Salvation – Ephesians 2:8
– Church Growth – Acts 6:7, Acts 16:5
DEALING WITH THE ENEMIES OF FAITH
Faith will always be fought by fear and doubt; and the primary place to identify this is in excuses.
Excuses destroy faith. The following are areas in which you have to exercise faith.
1. Deal with Internal Forces. Where can you find these forces?
1. The Spirit (heart and mind – Prov 4:23, Rom 12:2, Ps. 119:130 – let your heart and mind be filled
and directed by God’s word)
2. The Soul (emotions – Ps. 42:5 – hope thou in God – Let your emotions respond to God’s Word)
3. The Body (health – Joel 3:10 – let the weak say… – let your body respond to God’s word, not )
2. Deal with External Forces. Which forces are these?
1. Work: This includes schooling as well.
(Wisdom for time management – Ecc. 10:10; – manage your time well during your secular job)
(Luke 9:60; Mathew 12:46-50 – Spiritual family supersedes natural family)
(John 15:15 – I call you friends – never allow your associates to become a hindrance to your
faith. Only walk with like-minded people who respect your faith-based decisions; these are the ones
you can call friends)