a difficult or unpleasant situation:
Why does God allow Adversity
1. To draw believer back to him
11 My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction:
12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
2. Establish Kingdom Rule
19 The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.
The flood was to establish his Rule
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Succeeding through Times of Adversity
Don’t stop praying!
10 Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.
5 Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.
1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
Don’t faint in prayer! Why, because, you will surely be answered. Don’t give up before the answer comes.
Most people keep saying “we must pray, instead of praying”
What should I say in Prayer?
– Pray in the Holy Spirit to be inspired
– Pray God’s will; Promises for His Children, Judgement on the World
Prayer sets God’s purposes in motion
Prayer strengthens the saints to face and overcome challenges
Do you remember the ban on drumming and dancing?
For 3 minutes right now I want you to open your mouth and pray wherever you are.
3. Declarations – Declare what God has said
5. Worship – Worship moves God
6. Giving –
Don’t stop giving.
Rather increase or intensify your givings.
What to Give
– Your time (it’s a sign of your love for God)
– Your resources (your data)
– Your spiritual gifts
– Your acquired skills
– Your natural abilities or talents
– Your money (Tithes and Offerings)
7. Show Loyalty
8. Speak positive (encourage
9. Hear and Read God’s promises
10. Intensify evangelism on all platforms
– what do you put on your whatsapp status?
– what do you use as your profile picture on social media?
– what do you forward and share on your platforms?
– Let everything you share or put on your status be 100% God’s word and inspirational word. That word can rescue someone from hell.
– Christian jokes
– bible study lessons