Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen.
According to the Cambridge dictionary, Outreach is an effort to bring services or information to people where they live or spend time
It involves extending ourselves, our talents, our resources, to help others.
When an organization engages in outreach, it is reaching out to the community in order to meet needs or to let people know of its existence.
At outreaches, unbelievers are given a glimpse of the love of Christ through believers. Believers take their love for the lost into the community and allow them to see changed hearts in action.
Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done.
And if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday.
Isaiah 58:10 (NIV)
At Glow Music, we extend our hand to those in various communities who need help.
Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king thought to set him over the whole realm.
Daniel 6: 3
- Excellence is the quality of being excellent.
What then does excellent mean?
- To be excellent is for someone or something to be extremely good or of very high quality.
God is a God of excellence therefore he requires that we do all things excellently and in order.
Ways by which we can be excellent?
- Having a good company. People that will push you to attain your God given potential to the next level.
- Right application of the word of God in all situations
- Right Practice or Training
- Faith also brings excellence. Relying on the holy spirit for influence aside practice
Enemies of Excellence
- Complacency – giving excuses
- Improper planning
It is the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.
It can also mean the ability to accept trouble and other people’s annoying behavior without complaining or becoming angry.
Patience is having the ability and strength to endure certain unhealthy circumstances with the hope of a better tomorrow or a much better outcome.
One thing about patience is even in your difficult season you still have to be faithful to the calling as a minister
Patience to me is the currency of time. (If you wait you will get there with hard work you will get there)
WHY IS PATIENCE IMPORTANT?
- Someone with patience inherits promises. It positions us at the right place and time for God’s Blessings (Hebrews 6:12)
- Patience is one of the most important ingredients to running the Christian Race. (Hebrews 12:1-2)
- Patience is the greatest sign of the trying of faith by temptation; it makes us perfect and entire. (James 1:2-4)
- Patience put us in the perfect will of God
How do I exercise patience with a frustrating leader?
1. Pray for him
2. Pray for good temperance for yourself
3. As you Pray you should also be watchful so that you will not be like him
- the quality of being loyal.
- a strong feeling of support or allegiance.
- the quality of staying firm in your friendship or support for someone or something
WHY IS LOYALTY SO IMPORTANT FOR MINISTRY?
- Loyalty is the principal qualification for every minister. (1 Cor 4:2)
It is likely to think that the more gifted you are, the more qualified you are for the ministry. The Bible teaches us that the cardinal requirement for leadership is faithfulness and not anything else.
…it is required in stewards, that a man be found
1 Corinthians 4:2
- For the love of God and unity to fill the ministry (John 13:35)
The ministry is supposed to operate with the power of love, unity and teamwork.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
- To minister as effective Christians we need to exhibit the love that Jesus spoke about. People are attracted by love. When they see Christians who flow together in genuine love they are attracted.
- To achieve great heights in ministry. Anyone who wants to extend his ministry and bear much fruit has to learn to work with many other loyal people. However, it would be better to work alone than with a team of disloyal, disgruntled, disunited and disaffected people. In fact, it is not possible to have an effective team with such people.
- To have a long-lasting ministry. One person has only a few years of practical and effective ministry. Jesus only ministered for three and a half years but he extended his ministry and his influence through an effective and loyal team.
SOME TRAITS OF DISLOYALTY
Becoming Independent from the team
One becomes Independent from the team.
The independent stage is so subtle such that most people do not recognize it as disloyalty. When a person belonging to a ministry or company develops an independent attitude such that the rules of the organization no longer control him, it is a sign of disloyalty.We need to be able to obey the rules of the ministry we find ourselves in.
And then shall many be OFFENDED, and SHALL BETRAY one another, and SHALL HATE one another.
From this scripture you can see that people begin to betray and hate one another when they are offended. The spirit of offence opens the door to the spirit of treachery.
After being offended by one thing or the other, people become passive.
When a person is in the passive stage of the disloyalty process he does not involve himself in much. He sits and watches unconcerned and uninvolved. God expects
you to get involved when you have something to contribute.
Being a spokesperson for unhappy members without real reasons
Gives recognition to others who are dissatisfied. Then now you begin to say that many people are saying this and that about the ministry so they are unhappy with you etc. Trying to be like a spokes person.
Forming Splinter Groups
Will at times form a splinter group, which may then evolve into another church. At this stage you begin to involve other people in your ideas.
You want to gather a following and make people believe that you have identified a real problem that must be addressed.
Open fight with authority
If disloyalty is not controlled, you end up having an open fight with authority because you feel you have achieved somethings so you desire personal recognition from the leader.
Do not despise your teacher because of your success.
God bless you