At the end of this lesson you should be able to:
- Know what scorn is
- Know why is a scorner an abomination to men
Listen to Audio Lesson
Avoid Wrong Words 3 – Scorn
What is Scorn?
- A feeling and expression of contempt or disdain for someone or something:
- To reject (something) in a contemptuous way
Scorn is not just a matter or saying no or disapproving but the manner in which it is done
Avoid scorn in your environment!
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
- Staying away from scorners (agents of scorn) is equally important as meditating on God’s Word day and night
- Never allow scorners in your working environment.
A scorner is an abomination
The thought of foolishness is sin: and the scorner is an abomination to men.
Why is a scorner an abomination to men?
1. Nothing is good enough for the scorner
A scorner seeketh wisdom, and findeth it not: but knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth.
2. A scorner rejects advise with attitude
Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.
3. Scorners think they know better than everyone else and they look down upon others.
A scorner loveth not one that reproveth him: neither will he go unto the wise.
4. Scorners by their behaviour prevent development or progress both internally and externally
Scornful men bring a city into a snare: but wise men turn away wrath.
5. Scorners have no regard for Authority. They dishonour instructions with attitude.
A wise son heareth his father’s instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke.
What is the end of Scorners?
Judgments are prepared for scorners, and stripes for the back of fools.
How to Prevent or deal with Scorn?
Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
- Rebuke them because advising them is not enough.
- If they are children do not spare the rod
- Implement Laws
2. Apply the Word
- Apply the word (the two edged sword)
- And prayer
3. Remove the spirit of scorn from your environment or stay out of an environment that celebrates scorn
- Father thank You for your word
- Father forgive me for any moment in time i displayed scorn
- Father deliver me from the spirit of scorn
- Father cause me to discern and stay out of any scornful environment
- Father grant me the grace to be an example