At the end of this lesson you should be able to:
- State the 2 dimensions of Love
- Outline the 7 manifestations of wisdom
- Know the importance of knowledge
Watch Video Lesson
LOVE (Intense affection for God and the things of God)
Love is the greatest of all the commandments and the there is no other law above the law of love.
And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love
(1 Corinthians 13:13)
Love is principally seen in sacrifice ( Giving up something you love for the sake of other considerations).
(John 3:16, John 15:13 – no greater love … lay down his life…)
Love is Two-fold:
- Love for God:
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Are you willing to sacrifice your life, time and other resources for the kingdom of God or you are making excuses
- Love for your Neighbor
Mark 12:31… Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
John 13:35 … By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
1 John 4:11-12
Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
WISDOM (Sound Judgement)
Wisdom is Seven-fold according to Proverbs 9:1
Wherever there is Wisdom, you find direction and productivity. Wastage is avoided. (Ecc 10:10)
- The Fear of The Lord: Integrity (Moral uprightness) Proverbs 11:13
- Order: The accurate arrangement of things (1 Corinthians 14:40 )
- Prudence: Exercising cautiousness against the future (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Humility: Low view of one’s importance (Proverbs 11:2)
- Vision: Ability to plan into the future (Proverbs 6:6-11)
- Discretion: making the right choice or decision (Proverbs 2:11-12)
- Counsel: Good, Formal or Professional advice (Proverbs 24:6)
KNOWLEDGE (Facts, Information, Familiarity or Awareness)
Knowledge is a familiarity, awareness or understanding of someone or something, such as facts, information, descriptions, or skills, which is acquired through experience or education by perceiving, discovering, or learning.
Knowledge can refer to a theoretical or practical understanding of a subject. Further knowledge is even what prevents us from making the same mistakes we made in the past.
There can be no action without knowledge. The purpose of knowledge is action. Without taking action, knowledge simply becomes more knowledge therefore whatever is learnt must be put into practice to benefit the kingdom of God, others and ourselves.
The Spirit of Knowledge, like Wisdom, is one of the Seven Spirits of God. (Is. 11:2)
At Glow Music Ministry knowledge must be acquired concerning 3 major things.
- Knowledge of God – The knowledge of God is the paramount thing in the life of a believer. Just as you cannot recommend a product you have not used, you cannot recommend a God that you do not know. The need to have a personal relationship with God, cannot be over emphasized; it is the key to making your way prosperous and having good success. (Joshua 1:8)
- Knowledge of Ministry – to know what it takes to be in ministry, challenges faced and how to overcome them. That is why all members are required to take all teachings seriously to help you deal with battles that come with the ministry terrain.
- Knowledge of Music – It is important to be knowledgeable about the skills you posses as an individual. The more knowledge you have, the more you are able to constantly develop yourself to be great at what you do and also to help or teach others. In view of this, it is required that every member takes lessons at Glow Music Institute.
It is important to adopt a positive mindset to become a constant learner; only then will it helps you progress and achieve your goals.